Thursday 12 March 2015

The 6 week point

Having tried to set up and maintain boundaries with my class, I have discovered some things that do and don't work.

To engage behaviour I need to:

  • implement engaging tasks
  • reward children
  • move swiftly

In order to maintain harmony, I also need a roving eye and the ability to prevent disruption from happening. Nip it in the bud. This means:

  • keeping a very careful eye on my interesting kids and where they are seated, how they are being and what they are doing.
  • manage transition effectively with clear expectations and careful control
  • put strategies in place to settle children when coming in from lunch/morning tea

As a teacher, I need to:
  • be positive
  • be calm
  • be serious
  • see everything
  • be understanding
  • be interested
  • be very prepared
A small ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment