What happened?Some kids didn't stay at their stations and wanted to be doing other things which was voiced from the get go. There were problems with technology. I felt there was too much noise. The children were confused at one point which station to go to.
I am starting to think that the range of picture books for SSR is too hard and becoming repetitive for some children, and as a result they are losing interest. The reading rotation that i keep online was showing the wrong day. One of the iMacs was having difficulty connecting to the internet.
What to do?
- Ensure Reading Rotation is always accessible and correctly displayed (use Spreadsheet) - print out 1 copy daily.
- Many books are too hard for SSR - I need to come up with an alternative for some kids.
- IDEA: Have a pre-reading station where the kids read the book they are about to read with the teacher - would this not enable them to go further when working with me?
- Need to reconsider where kids sit - signposts?
- Ensure that I follow up on all kids post "Activity" to ensure work has been done - especially with some boys.