Tuesday 24 February 2015

Reflections 1

I believe I have engaged the behaviour of most of the class. They consistently meet my expectations and, provided the task or activity is appropriate, complete work to a level I would expect.  However, there is an element in the class with whom I am not at where I would like to be.
  • Some boys seem to relish the negative attention 
  • I find it hard to ignore their ignorance of my expectations of classroom behaviour 
  • Their behaviour is at its best before the start of the day (i have nice conversations with them)
  • They have shown the ability to focus on work when working far from each other
  • They become almost incapable of self-managing after lunch
  • They need very simple activities
  • They have varying degrees of self-management but can easily set off each other
  • They show little respect of authority (having been sent to Senior Teacher/AP)

So what?

  1. I will try to ignore/give as little attention to their negative behaviour as possible.
  2. I will not let their behaviour "win"
  3. I will ensure that tasks they are given are simple and followed up on by myself with them in class time.
  4. I will make sure that they are put in situations where distractions are minimalised
  5. I will give them attention for positive behaviour and deal with negative in a non-disruptive way.
  6. I will celebrate their successes

Storm Troopers - See no Evil by IamTHEdarthVADER

No comments:

Post a Comment